Confetti Mashed Potatoes
Add a bit of color to your holiday table with these confetti mashed potatoes! They’re lightened up mashed potatoes filled with vegetables!
- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup orange bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup whole milk
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Peel potatoes and chop into ½-inch cubes. Add potato cubes to a pot and fill with enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Add a large pinch of salt to the water. Bring everything to a boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes, until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the vegetables. Heat a pan with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onions and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Mash potatoes and stir in butter and milk. Season potatoes with salt to taste.
- Mix in the vegetables and chives. Serve and enjoy!