Herb and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
A simple stove-top recipe for garlic mashed potatoes, brightened up with herbs, that can be made in under 30 minutes!
- 1 pound russet Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse™ freeze dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse™ freeze dried chives
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse™ freeze dried dill
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water, by one inch. Add salt and garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add chives and dill. Continue simmering until potatoes are for tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Strain using a fine mesh strainer.
- Return potatoes back into the pot, tapping the strainer on the edge of the pot to release the herbs and garlic back into the potatoes.
- Mash until creamy and smooth using a potato masher, and stir in butter and sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.