Idaho® Potato Skordalia
- #3 Idaho Potatoes, boiled in their skins, until tender
- 1 large head garlic, peeled
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz capers, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in their skins with salt and bay leaf, when tender enough for mashing, drain.
- Roast garlic clove in olive oil.
- In mixer with padded attachment, or by hand, mash potatoes together with roasted garlic, capers, and all of the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- This dish can be served hot as a side dish, or with the addition of a little more olive oil, room temperature, as a dip for crudités.