Cilantro & Cotija Cheese Idaho® Potato Croquettes
- 2 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled, cut into large even sized chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Boil potatoes in salted water until extra tender, usually 10-15 minutes. Use a fork to pierce the potato easily, to tell when it’s done.
- Mash them until obtaining a soft puree.
- Add 1 egg and mix until well combined.
- Add Cotija cheese and cilantro and mix well.
- Form golf ball size croquettes.
- Create an assembly line with three bowls holding the flour, 1 beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Roll the croquettes into the flour, then the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs.
- After croquettes are well coated, fry them until golden brown about 3 minutes each turning around for an even frying.
Yield: 15 golf ball size croquettes