Cheesy Idaho® Potato and Parsnip Kugel
- 4 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 1 parsnip, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup matzo meal
- 4 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Add the olive oil and diced onions to a pan and sauté on medium heat until very lightly caramelized.
- Using the shredding attachment of a food processor, shred the potatoes and parsnip and add to a large mixing bowl. Fold in the sautéed onion, eggs, matzo meal, parsley, salt, pepper and half the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish (approx. 10”) and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 1 hour and serve warm.