Think Your Favorite Holiday Potato Recipe Is A Winner?
EAGLE, ID, October 10, 2005 – America’s favorite potato has launched a national recipe contest searching for home chefs’ favorite holiday potato recipes.
According to Frank Muir, President/CEO, of the Idaho Potato Commission, “While we encourage consumers to keep their pantries well stocked with Idaho™ Potatoes throughout the year, we recognize that America’s most beloved potato dishes are particularly popular this time of year. We want to capitalize on this fact and make it as easy as possible for consumers to qualify and win some big cash prizes.”
What’s at stake? BIG money! The grand prize winner will win $7,500 and the first and second prize winners will win $1,500 and $500 respectively.
What’s required? One “Grown in Idaho” seal or label from a bag of Idaho Potatoes and a favorite holiday recipe using Idaho Potatoes (or as many recipes as an individual wants to enter). The labels can come from a bag or box and from fresh, frozen or dehydrated Idaho Potato packaging.
The “Grown in Idaho” Recipe Contest is a great way to remind consumers that only potatoes grown in Idaho can be called Idaho Potatoes. If a package has the “Grown in Idaho” seal or the word Idaho, than the potatoes inside will have the consistent quality and taste of Idaho Potatoes.
“Along with reminding holiday shoppers to look for the ‘Grown in Idaho’ seal, this contest will allow us to build our inventory of favorite holiday recipes using our product,” said Muir. “We’d love to find out how America prepares and serves Idaho Potatoes to their family and friends during the holiday season.”
How to Enter the “Grown In Idaho” Recipe Contest:
- One “Grown in Idaho” seal or label
- Favorite Idaho Potato holiday recipe(s), including full list of ingredients and preparation instructions on an 8-1/2 by 11-inch sheet of plain paper; include your name, mailing address, email address (if you have one) and contact telephone number(s)
- Mail all of the above to: IPC “Grown in Idaho” Recipe Contest c/o Evans,
Hardy+Young, 829 De La Vina Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Contest begins November 1, 2005 at 12:01 a.m. EDT and ends on January 15, 2006 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. All mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than midnight January 15, 2006
- Consumers may enter as many recipes as they like, each time they enter. Every individual entry package, however, must include one “Grown in Idaho” seal.
Recipe Judging Criteria:
- Holiday recipes will be judged on the following criteria: taste, originality,
visual appearance and acceptability (“consumer friendly”)
- Recipes may use fresh, frozen or dehydrated Idaho Potatoes and recipes
must use a minimum of four ounces (approximately half of a
large sized potato) of Idaho Potatoes per serving in the recipe to qualify for consideration
- A panel of food experts will use a point-based judging system to evaluate
the recipes and to determine the winners.
For a complete list of the “Grown in Idaho” official contest rules and how to enter information, log onto www.idahopotato.com and click on the contest icon.
Although Idaho is famous worldwide for its premium potatoes, some consumers don’t realize that only potatoes grown in the Gem State can wear the “Grown In Idaho” seal. Both Idaho™ Potatoes and the “Grown in Idaho™” seal are federally registered Certification Marks that belong to the IPC. These Marks ensure that consumers are purchasing potatoes that have been grown in the state of Idaho.