Ladies and Gentlemen, Dust Off Your Boots and Spurs...
EAGLE, IDAHO, October 3, 2007 - In Texas they do things BIG and while in Houston, Texas, for the 2007 PMA Conference, the Idaho Potato Commission is showing attendees it's the biggest potato gun in town. For three consecutive years, the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) has had one of the most popular booths at PMA and 2007 will be no different.
Rodeo - Texas Rodeo - is the theme of the Idaho Potato Commission's booth at PMA this year. Rodeos are a Texas institution, and are, without a doubt, a unique way to promote potatoes. To make the rodeo experience as real as possible, the IPC booth will feature:
- Bucking Bull (don't panic, he's of the "stuffed" variety) Climb aboard and get your photo taken, you'll look like you're going for 8 seconds like a pro
- Professional Trick Roper who will put on hourly demonstrations of a variety of moves including "skipping" and "spinning" his rope
- Newly Crowned Miss Rodeo Texas and a Professional Cowboy will greet booth visitors, pose for photos and talk about life on the rodeo circuit
- National Finals Rodeo footage playing on the big screen where the best rodeo athletes in the world earn their "tough as nails" wild reputation
IPC's Rodeo Booth at PMA 2007 "From a retail perspective, PMA is the single most important conference for the Idaho Potato Commission. At PMA we can literally meet with hundreds of customers one-on-one and remind them why Idaho Potatoes can improve their profitability," said Seth Pemsler, Vice President Retail/International, Idaho Potato Commission. "Creating a booth atmosphere that attracts attendees and, more importantly, makes them want to stay is critical. Our booth this year is going to be, without a doubt, one of the most energetic booths at the conference."
Schedule of Events at the IPC Booth
- IPC booth is #2833
- Saturday, October 13 - 11:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday, October 14 - 11:00am-5:30pm
- Monday, October 15 - 10:00am-2:00pm
- Photo opportunities are available throughout the show. Bring a business card! (Photos will be sent electronically to the email address provided on a business card.)
Although Idaho is famous worldwide for its premium potatoes, some consumers don't realize that only potatoes grown in the Gem State can wear the 'Grown In Idaho' seal. Both Idaho Potatoes and the 'Grown in Idaho' seal are federally registered Certification Marks that belong to the IPC. These Marks ensure that consumers are purchasing potatoes that have been grown in the state of Idaho.