ALL ABOARD! CARIBBEAN CRUISE FOR TWO IS GRAND PRIZE IN 26th ANNUAL IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION RETAIL DISPLAY CONTEST
Marley Chant Mini Portable Bluetooth Speaker Awarded to All Entrants
EAGLE, ID (November 29, 2016) -- First-place retail display winners will set sail in the Caribbean for a seven-night getaway in an ocean-view stateroom, the new top award in the 2017 Idaho Potato Commission’s annual competition.
“We are delighted to be able to offer six all-expenses-paid vacations for two on Celebrity Cruises® as grand prizes for the 26th annual contest,” says IPC marketing manager Jamie Bowen. “The winning entrants and their category managers will be able to select from an eastern or western Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Cruises® Silhouette, for an approximate total retail value of $5,700 per prize! It’s the perfect reward for all of the hard work that goes into making these incredibly creative Idaho® potato displays that customers love, featuring Idaho® potatoes and our partner, HORMEL® Real Bacon Bits.”
The Grand Prize Celebrity Cruises® package includes:
- Ocean-view stateroom (nonsmoking, double occupancy, two twins or one queen bed)
- $500 allowance for incidentals, such as ground transportation, port hotels and beverages aboard ship
The IPC Potato Lover’s Month Retail Display Contest, which will run for nine weeks from mid-January to
mid-March 2017, will also award a free Marley Chant Mini Portable Bluetooth audio speaker system to everyone who enters. The convenient high-quality speaker features up to six hours of wireless play and a built-in microphone for use as a speaker phone.
Each in-store display should incorporate clearly marked fresh Idaho® potatoes (bag, bulk or both), an Idaho® dehydrated potato product and HORMEL® Real Bacon Bits; potato products from other states cannot be included. The IPC 2017 contest point-of-sale materials must also be incorporated into the display. This year’s special-themed display kit includes two double-sided Potato Lover’s Month logo display signs, one large and two small double-sided signs with appetizing photos, and two inflatable Mylar Spuddy Buddy balloons. In addition, clip art and recipes are available on the IPC website at www.IdahoPotato.com/Retail.
Retailers will compete with other same-size stores in one of three categories: 1-5 cash registers, 6-9 cash registers, or 10-plus cash registers. Within each store category, entrants are eligible to win these prizes:
- 1st place – All-expenses-paid Caribbean cruise for two
- 2nd place -- $1,000
- 3rd place -- $750
- 4th place -- $500
- 5th place -- $250
- Honorable Mention -- $100 (100 selected from remaining entries)
In addition, the Category Manager Match Program will award equivalent prizes to corporate category managers for stores that qualify for a 1st through 5th place prize, including the cruise for two!
Here’s how to enter the IPC Potato Lover’s Month 2017 Retail Display Contest:
1. Using fresh Idaho® potatoes (bag, bulk or both), an Idaho® dehydrated potato product and HORMEL® Real Bacon Bits, develop an eye-catching display following the contest rules (available at www.IdahoPotato.com/Retail).
2. Put up the display in your store’s produce section for at least one week between Jan. 16 and March 17, 2017.
3. Submit a photo (digital preferred) of the display and an entry form (available at www.IdahoPotato.com/Retail) to the IPC so that it’s received no later than March 31, 2017. All winners will be notified by May 1, 2017, and posted on www.IdahoPotato.com/Retail.
All entries will be judged on use of Potato Lover’s Month signage, creativity of the display, how the display incorporates the partner product, and perceived salability of the display. Judging will be done by the Potato Lover’s Month Display Contest Review Committee.
About the Idaho Potato Commission
Established in 1937, the Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) is a state agency responsible for promoting and protecting the famous “Grown in Idaho™” seal, a federally registered certification mark that assures consumers they are purchasing genuine, top-quality Idaho® potatoes. Idaho's growing season of warm days and cool nights, ample mountain-fed irrigation and rich volcanic soil, give Idaho® potatoes their unique texture, taste and dependable performance, that differentiates Idaho® potatoes from potatoes grown in other states.