2020 Potato Lover's Display Contest Rules
- Your Idaho® Potato, Hormel® Bacon Toppings, and Fresh Gourmet® Company Products display must be in place for at least one week during the contest period.
- Displays must be in the produce section of the store. Qualifying displays must include ALL of the following products:
- Fresh Idaho® Potatoes (bag, bulk, or both) that have a clear label showing the Idaho® name and the Grown in Idaho® seal
- A clearly marked Idaho® dehydrated potato product
- Any variety of Hormel® Real Bacon toppings
- Any variety of Fresh Gourmet® Company Products
Displays may not include potato products from other states.
- Display point-of-sale (POS) materials must include 2020 special-themed POS material from the Idaho Potato Commission. You may create your own display support materials as well. Creativity is encouraged!
- Display entries are limited to one per store and can be any size. It’s not about how large or small, it’s about the creativity.
- Display entries will be judged and prizes awarded by the Potato Lover’s Display Contest Review Committee. Displays are judged on a point system, based on the following criteria: 1) Creativity of the display, 2) Incorporation of Hormel® Bacon Toppings and Fresh Gourmet® company products, 3) Saleability of the display, and 4) Potato Lover’s signage.
The committee’s decisions are final.
- All entries must be received by the Potato Lover’s Display Contest Review Committee no later than April 15, 2020. Top winners will be notified by May 1, 2020, and all winners will be posted by May 18, 2020, on our website: idahopotato.com/retail.
- Prizes will be awarded subject to your company’s policies regarding distribution of such awards. Void where prohibited by company policy. Taxes are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
- Prizes will be awarded to winning entries by June15, 2020,subject to verification by the Idaho Potato Commission of all completed entry documents and applicable information.
- All entries must include an official entry form or photocopy of same. If entering by postal mail, entry photos should have entrant's name, address, store name, email address, and business phone number on the back of each photo. Digital photo submissions are preferred, but you may submit printed photos.
- Displays are judged by the photos received— up to 5 photo submissions accepted. We are looking for quality photography (THINK QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY). That flip phone is just not going to cut it, so be sure to use a good camera on its highest-quality photo setting to show off all your hard work. Polaroid images are prohibited.
- The Potato Lover’s Display Contest Review Committee is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or stolen entries. Entries become the property of the Idaho Potato Commission and cannot be returned. Please keep a copy for your records. By entering, you give the Idaho Potato Commission your permission to use your entry for publicity or advertising purposes. Contest is void where prohibited.
“Idaho Potato Commission Rome, Italy Vacation Sweepstakes: Official Rules
All Idaho Potato Commission Potato Lover’s Display Contest entries will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes portion of this promotion.
Enter at: www.idahopotato.com/retail, and follow instructions to enter online. Or enter by mail by completing the Official Idaho Display Contest Entry Form. All entries must include a photo of your display, along with the official entry form or photocopy of the same no later than March 31, 2020 to Idaho Potato Commission, PO Box 1670 Eagle, Idaho 83616, or if using an overnight mail service, send to 661 S. Rivershore Lane, Suite 230, Eagle, ID 83616.
All Idaho Potato Commission Potato Lover’s Month Display Contest entries will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes portion of this promotion. Limit one (1) online entry per store. Must be U.S. resident, 18 or older. Prizes/Odds: Two (2) Grand Prizes (One for the Produce Manager and their Category Manager in each retailer): A trip to the Luxurious Hotel Capo d’Africa Rome, Italy, a walking tour of the Vatican and museum. Prize consists of: roundtrip coach air transportation for up to two people from a major U.S. airport nearest the grand prize winner’s residence to Rome, Italy; 6 nights, 7 days accommodations at the Hotel Capo d’Africa, in Rome, room taxes, plus $1,500 in cash to cover meals, all ground transportation to and from the starting destination & return trip home, and any miscellaneous recreation costs. Approx. retail value (ARV) $8,800. Entire trip must be completed by March 31, 2021 and must be booked at least 30 days in advance of travel. Odds depend on number of entries. Blackout dates or other restrictions may apply as dictated by airline or hotel. All hotel arrangements are subject to availability. Travel must begin and end with the same major U.S. airport, with the same service. Once the airline tickets are issued to the winner, any fee associated with flight changes is the responsibility of the winner. Winner is responsible for all other expenses associated with his/her use of the prize not specified here; actual value may vary depending on, departure city, and dates of travel. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary and possess required travel identification documents prior to ticketing. Void where prohibited. Prizes will be awarded according to your company’s policies regarding distribution of such awards. The prize package is non-transferable, has no cash value, and cannot be extended or replaced if destroyed, lost, stolen, or unredeemed. Limit one prize per household. No substitution or transfer of prizes. If any prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award substitute of equal or greater value. Allow 5-7 weeks after validation for receipt of prize. Winners List: will be posted online after 6/1/20.
IT’S EASY TO ENTER ONLINE!
Submit your Display Contest entry and photos online HERE. Click on Potato Lover’s Month Display Contest/Entry, complete the entry form, upload up to five photo files when prompted, and submit. An email message will be sent to you confirming that your entry was received. Or you may fill out and mail the form along with your display photo(s).