- 2 small red- or white-skinned Idaho Potatoes, cut into ½? cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-lean ham, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Add cold water to barely cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until tender and lightly golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in the ham and potatoes and cook, stirring often, until just starting to brown, 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, black pepper, and salt until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning often with a heatproof spatula, until just set, about 2 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Sodium: 400 mg
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 13 g
Cholesterol: 115 mg
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)