Idaho® Potato Dutch Oven Greek Frittata
- 2 medium baked potatoes, diced, ⅜" cube
- ¼ medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked rainbow pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 eggs, mixed
- ¼ cup half & half
- 2 crimini mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoon julienned red bell pepper
- 1 green onion, thin sliced
- 3 tablespoon crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh marjoram, oregano and sage
- 4 - 6 pitted Kamalata olives, minced
- 3 - 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare all ingredients before starting to cook.
- Fire-up some charcoal briquettes.
- You’ll need about 15 to start.
- I am using a 10″ Camp Chef Dutch oven.
- Place the 15 charcoal briquettes under a 10″ Dutch oven.
- Add oil and wait until oil starts to shimmer.
- Add Idaho® potatoes, onion and garlic, garlic salt and ½ the pepper.
- Cook with lid off until onions are soft and the potatoes start to crisp up, stirring as needed to prevent burning.
- When potatoes are almost ready, start another 15 charcoal briquettes.
- Add half & half to mixed eggs.
- Add and mix in all other ingredients – Kamalata olives, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, green onion, baby spinach, Feta cheese, mushrooms, salt, pepper and fresh marjoram, sage and oregano.
- Pour on top of the cooked Idaho® potatoes.
- Place lid on Dutch oven.
- Add 12 coals on top and the remaining three coals on the bottom.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Note: Time will vary depending on your weather conditions.
- Your Greek Frittata should be firm, yet slightly moist when done.
- Do not overcook, it will be very dry and tough if you do.
- When done, cut it up like a pie and serve with some fresh fruit, on some toast, in a bagel or wrapped up in a tortilla!