Idaho® Potato Truffle Fries with Parmesan
French fries, they are amazing! There’s no arguing with that. Potatoes, cut into finger food size and then fried or baked until perfectly golden. You could just add some salt and be happy, or you could take it a step further and turn those gorgeous French fries into a masterpiece, truffle fries!
Read Stacey's full post, including more photos, here.
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of Litehouse® freeze-dried garlic garlic
- 1 teaspoon Litehouse® freeze-dried parsley
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes
- Vegetable oil, enough for deep-frying or 2 tablespoons olive oil for the oven method
- Truffle oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, Litehouse freeze-dried garlic and parsley. Set aside.
- You can peel the potatoes if desired or leave the peel on (my preference), and cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and a handful of ice. Place the cut potatoes in the water and soak for 20-30 minutes. Drain and pat dry. The potatoes need to be dried before cooking (especially if you're frying).
In the Oven:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or gallon-sized plastic bag, toss the cut potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until lightly coated.
- Spread the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until starting to get crispy, making sure to turn fries over halfway through baking time.
The Frying Method:
- If using a deep-fryer, heat deep-fryer to 350°F, or add enough vegetable oil to fill a deep saucepan half of the way full. Heat over high heat. BE CAREFUL. DO NOT LEAVE HOT OIL UNATTENDED. You can test to see if the oil is hot enough by carefully dropping a small piece of bread into the hot oil. If the oil has reached 350°F, it will start to turn golden in 10 seconds.
- Fry in batches. Carefully add the fries and cook until golden, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or spider strainer, remove fries once they are golden and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- To keep warm, place fries in 250°F oven until ready to serve.
- While fries are hot, sprinkle with the salt mixture and toss. Lightly drizzle with truffle oil, and garnish with grated Parmesan. Serve hot.