Thai Curry Idaho® Potato Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium Idaho® Russet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 can (14 ounces) lite coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cashews, cilantro, lime wedges and sliced radishes for garnish (optional)
- In medium pot, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and curry powder. Cook 2 minutes or until very fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Stir in potatoes, 3 cups broth and sambal oelek. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully transfer mixture to blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer blended mixture back to pot set over medium heat. Stir in coconut milk, salt and remaining 1 cup broth. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
- Divide soup between 4 bowls and serve garnished with cashews, cilantro, lime wedges and radishes, if desired.