Stacked Chicken and Potato Enchilada
- 2 Yukon Gold Idaho® potatoes, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 5 guajillo chiles, tops and seeds removed
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon chicken flavored bouillon
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 5 tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large stockpot combine potatoes and 4 cups water. Boil for 12 minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, drain, discard water and set potatoes aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine guajillo chilies and 2 cups water. Boil over medium heat for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer boiled chilies and water to a blender container. Add garlic clove and bouillon. Blend until smooth.
- Strain Chile sauce through and remove any Chile skins and seeds.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip a tortilla in Chile sauce, covering both sides then transfer to hot oil. Fry for approximately 20 seconds on each side.
- Place in a baking tray, top with a layer of 1/3 cup shredded chicken, teaspoon onions, 5-6 pieces of potato and 2-3 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and layer ingredients.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve topped with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.