Spinach and Idaho® Potato Lasagna
This hearty vegetarian lasagna does not require noodles. You may never go back to a pasta based lasagna again!
- 2 1/2 lbs Idaho® Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 24 oz marinara sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 6 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz shredded Italian cheese blend, approximately 1 cup
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Coat 9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Layer bottom of pan with one layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce over potato slices, spreading the sauce evenly to cover potatoes completely. Add dabs of ricotta cheese, 2 oz per layer, over marinara sauce. Use the back of a spoon to press ricotta flat and spread evenly over marinara. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of shredded cheese evenly over ricotta. Spread 1/3 of the spinach over the cheese.
- Over the spinach, add a second layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly. Continue with the marinara, ricotta, shredded cheese and spinach.
- Add a final layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly. Continue with the remaining marinara, but this time add spinach before the ricotta, then top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.
Note: This is a very forgiving recipe. You can add more spinach and cheese, even use a meat-based marinara sauce. Another variation, add a layer of crumbled bacon or Italian sausage.