- 1 tablespoon blended olive oil
- 3 80 ct bakers Idaho® potatoes peeled and slice ¼ inch thick
- 2 eggs scrambled, season with salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound aged chorizo, slice 1/8th inch thick
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade*
- *To slice an herb or leaf vegetable into thin ribbons. This is easy to accomplish by stacking then rolling the leaves and slicing.
- Catalan Tomato Sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tiny pinch of saffron
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 dried black mission figs, stem removed, diced
- 1/4 cup golden California Raisins, soaked in sherry for 20 minutes
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- To taste kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a 12" non stick pan over medium high heat with the oil.
- Toss the potatoes in the egg mixture and quickly layer the potatoes in the hot pan. After half way through layer the chorizo and basil, and finish with the rest of the potatoes. You want to lightly press the potatoes down with a spatula while layering.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes until the eggs and potatoes are set and the bottom is brown. Flip onto a sheet pan with parchment.
- These are easily heated up to order, cut into 1/6th.
- Serve hot with room temperature Catalan Sauce.