Slow Cooker Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds russet Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1½ teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Spreadable Butter with Canola Oil
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped chives, plus more for serving
- Additional melted butter, for serving
- Spray the slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop the potatoes into 1-inch pieces and add them to the crock pot. Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the potatoes. Top with 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until potatoes mash easily with a fork.
- Add the butter spread, sour cream, and additional 1 1/2 cups milk to the slow cooker and use a potato masher to work the liquid into the potatoes. Taste for seasonings and add more salt and pepper if needed. Use an immersion blender to make the potatoes extra smooth if desired. Stir in the chives. To serve, melt more butter over top and sprinkle with chives.