Shiitake Mushroom Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes
- 4 large Idaho® baking potatoes, well scrubbed
- 8 oz fresh Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps chopped
- 4 oz soft tofu, drained and mashed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prick the potatoes with a fork and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Remove from oven.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender and the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut lengthwise and, leaving the skins intact, carefully scoop out he flesh into a large bowl. Add the tofu, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste and mash until well combined. Add the mushroom mixture and mix well. Spoon the stuffing into the potato shells and arrange in a lightly oiled baking pan. Bake until hot, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings