Rosti Idaho® Potato with Artichokes, Fontina, and Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- 1 recipe Basic Idaho® Tots-follow instruction to cook and grate only, split into 3 (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups blended olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 artichoke hearts, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups Fontina, shredded
- Roasted pepper vinaigrette
- 2 cups roasted red peppers, peeled, cored, seeded.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Idaho Tots
- (10 each) - 80 ct bakers Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 Place an 8" cast iron pan over medium high heat with1/4 cup of the oil.
- When oil is hot, place 1/2 half of the portioned potato into the pan, spread around, lightly pat down and season with salt and pepper Lower heat to medium.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the artichokes and 1/3 of the fontina over the potatoes and top with rest of the portioned potatoes, pat down.
- Cook until the potatoes are golden brown, you will want to use a fish spatula and make sure it is not sticking.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully flip by placing an 8" plate over the top, inverting on to it, Pour another 1/4 cup of oil in the pan and quickly slide the uncooked side into the pan, place back in oven for 5 minutes more.
- Cut into 1/6th's and serve hot or cold.
- Repeat with the rest of the potatoes
- Season with salt and pepper
Roasted pepper vinaigrette
- Puree in a blender until smooth, season with salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes, starting in cold water, and boil for about 15-25 minutes (depending on how many cooking) until they can be pierced with a fork but not falling apart).
- Cool to room temperature and grate.
- Form into small croquette.
- Fry to order season with kosher salt and pepper