Sautéed Mushrooms and Fresh Herb Ragout Stuffed Baked Idaho® Potato
- 1-1/2 cup Corn Oil
- 1 cup Crimini Mushrooms
- 1 cup Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Shallots, Finely Diced
- 1/2cup Red Wine
- 1 cup Dark-Rich Veal Stock*
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Heat three sauté pans with corn oil over high heat on the stove.
- Sauté the mushrooms separately until soft. About 3-4 minutes for each pan. Set aside.
- Sauté the shallots until soft and then add the cooked mushrooms.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine and add the demi glace. Allow this to reduce and slightly thicken.
- Adjust the seasoning with Salt and Pepper and add the chopped fresh herbs. Mount this with butter and remove the pan from the heat.
- Hold warm before serving.
- *Can substitute Vegetable stock for Veal Stock? final product will not have the same richness, but will be a vegetarian dish.
- Cut the ends off of a baked Idaho Potato. Dice the ends and fry them to golden brown and crisp. Remove some of the baked potato to form a cup using a scoop or small spoon. Add the mushroom ragout to the baked potato and serve. Garnish with diced and fried potato ends.