Idaho® Potato, Chorizo and Bean Bake
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 4 Idaho® potatoes (either red or russet would be fine)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Add the chorizo to a cast iron pan and cook on medium heat until browned. If your sausage is in a casing, snip it open with kitchen scissors and squeeze out the meat. When browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Wash and slice the potatoes thinly, ideally on a mandolin (no need to peel them). Place one layer of potatoes at the bottom of the pan and season with salt. Spread about a third of the refried beans over the potatoes, sprinkle on a third of the browned sausage, a third of the chopped herbs and top with a third of the cheese. Repeat twice more, finishing with a layer of potatoes, cheese and herbs.
- Bake for one hour or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is melted.