Reuben Irish Nachos
Crisp slices of roasted potatoes get topped with corned beef, sauerkraut, melted Swiss cheese, and homemade Thousand Island dressing. It’s the perfect crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
- 1 pound Idaho® Red Potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 and ½ cups chopped corned beef
- 1 and ½ cups sauerkraut, drained well
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- ½ cup pre-cooked crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons thousand island dressing, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Add potato slices to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the potato slices to the prepared baking sheets, spreading them out in an even layer, making sure not to overlap the slices. Bake for 12 minutes on each side, or until golden and slightly crispy.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F. Lightly grease a cast iron pan or small baking dish. Layer the potatoes in the bottom of the pan. Top with chopped corned beef, sauerkraut, and grated Swiss cheese (in that order). Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and garnish with scallions. Serve immediately.