Potato & Tuna Stove-Top Casserole
- 2 1/2 lbs. Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed & cut in bite-sized cubes (about 7 cups)
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 12 ounce can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring 1 1/2 quarts of water to boiling in a saucepan. Add potatoes. Return to boiling and cook 5 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables. Return to boiling and cook 2 minutes (or to desired tenderness). Drain
- In saucepan stir in soup, tuna and seasonings. Add hot, drained potato mixture. Stir and serve. (Note: If necessary, reheat on very low heat. Add water if needed.)
- Serving suggestion: Green salad with vinaigrette dressing.
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Sodium: 661 mg
Fat: 5 g
Protein: 21 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg