Potatoes & Broccoli Casserole
- 12 lbs Idaho potatoes, frozen whole peeled (or cubed)
- 8 oz olive oil
- 4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli flowerets
- Provencal Sauce
- 3 oz minced garlic
- 6 oz olive oil
- 6 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz white wine
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thickly slice potatoes. If potatoes are large, cut slices in half.
- Steam or gently boil potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender but still holding firm shape. Drain potatoes and toss gently with olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Steam broccoli for 4 minutes or just until tender-crisp. Add broccoli to potatoes and toss lightly. For each serving, heat 1 1/2 cups vegetables as needed and portion 1/3 cup Provencal Sauce over top.
For the Provencal Sauce:
- Sauté garlic in oil in large skillet until softened, add tomatoes and cook, stirring until tender and saucy. Add all remaining ingredients and heat through.