Cilantro, Lime Chicken & Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, (about 6 ounces each), rinsed and pat dry
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced fat or regular Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Add potatoes and spoon 1 tablespoon of the butter over all and toss gently to coat potatoes. Arrange in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon the potatoes to one side of the baking pan. Arrange the chicken pieces on the other side of the potatoes in the pan. Combine the remaining butter with the lime juice and spoon evenly over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, salsa, and cilantro. Spoon evenly over the chicken and potatoes. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Notes from the test kitchen: A simple one-dish meal perfect for busy days. It’s affordable, family friendly and fresh tasting. Serve with additional lime wedges, if desired.