Potato Pancakes with Canadian Bacon
- 10 large (10-11 ounces) ldaho® potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots
- 1 Onion
- 2 oz melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional fresh chopped chives
- Optional bacon bits
- Grind potatoes, carrots and onion through a medium blade in meat chopper. Drain. Add remaining ingredients: mix well.
- In shallow pan, bake small patties approximately 1/2" thick in hot oil or Crisco. Turn. Cook until potatoes are cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce and 3 slices of grilled Canadian bacon. Parsley for garnish.