Idaho® Potato and Apple Pancakes
- 1 lb Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1 green apple, peeled and grated
- 2 oz onion, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil as needed
- Peel and cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put them in a pot with enough water to cover and parboil them (cook half way) for about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and let them cool. Grate the potatoes and mix them in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Shape little patties (approx. 1 ½ oz each).
- Fry the patties in a skillet with oil until they brown on both sides.
- Serve them with ketchup or your favorite sauce.