Mexican Poutine Smashers Ingredients:
- Idaho® fingerling potatoes (24 ounces)
- olive oil, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- barbacoa (recipe listed below)
- Oaxaca cheese (grated), to taste
Barbacoa Ingredients: (Note: Use only ⅓ of the Barbacoa recipe listed.)
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 6 limes (juiced)
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups beef broth
- 5 pounds chuck beef roast
- 4 bay leaves
Mexican Poutine Smashers Directions:
- Prepare Barbacoa ahead of time.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and place over a medium high flame. Bring water to a boil. Add in Idaho® fingerling potatoes and allow to boil for 20 to 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet with a little bit of olive oil.
- Then remove Idaho® fingerling potatoes from water and place on the baking sheet.
- Using the base of a glass, smash the potatoes into disks.
- Top each smashed potato with a touch of olive oil, and rub it in with your finger.
- Sprinkle the spuds with a tiny bit of sea salt and bake for 15 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Once the smashed fingerlings are out of the oven top with a heaping tablespoon of Barbacoa.
- Lastly top with Oaxaca grated cheese. Enjoy!
- Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, onion, garlic cloves, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and one cup beef broth to blender. Blend until smooth. Set to the side.
- Pour additional one cup beef broth to slow cooker, place the chuck beef roast to the broth, and add in the bay leaves. Pour the chipotle pepper blend over the meat.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for ten hours.
- When meat is done, shred with two forks for the perfect batch of Barbacoa.