Manchego Hash Browns
- 6 pounds Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 20 ounces cream of chicken soup (2 10.5-oz cans)
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Manchego cheese, grated
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced thinly
- Bake potatoes at 400°F (conventional) or 375°F (convection) until fork tender, 45-60 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool enough to handle; remove skin. Potatoes can be chilled for easier grating. Grate the potatoes on the large holes of a grater.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Stir well. Blend in cheeses and scallions. Gently fold in the potatoes
- Coat two half-size pans or one full-size 2-1/2-inch deep hotel pan (or two 9x13-inch pans) with cooking spray. Spread potato mixture evenly in pans. Bake at 350°F (325°F). uncovered 40 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Cool slightly then cut into portions to serve.