Idahoan® Potato Crackers
Monica Kass Rogers
Crackers are almost a food group in my house. With twin teen athletes, these crispy flavorful bites are almost inhaled as soon as they are cool.
Enjoy making all the flavors. I bring a batch to most potlucks since they stir together so quickly. My daughters adore the Four Cheese flavor as well as the Roasted Garlic. Buttery Homestyle makes a great base for the peanut butter and jelly versions shown in the photo.
- 1 packet Idahoan® dehydrated mashed potatoes (any flavor)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill® Cup for Cup
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, grated or cut into tiny cubes
- 8 tablespoons water
- Combine dehydrated potatoes, flour and salt
- Smear the butter into the flour, creating flat flakes.
- Add 6 tablespoons of water, stir well and add the remaining water if needed to create a pliable dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 1/2 hour or more for flaky texture.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to ¼˝ thickness.
- Cut crackers into desired shape.
- Push the tines of a fork into each cracker 2-3 times. This will prevent the cracker from puffing.
- Place each cracker on the parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or till well browned.
- Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.