Potato Salad with Chives, Mustard and Capers
A tangy zesty recipe for potato salad that is healthy, light and vegan.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet Idaho® potatoes, cubed into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse™ freeze dried chives
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, cover potatoes with water. Add salt and and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently until just fork tender, about 15-17 minutes, being especially careful not to overcook, keeping them slightly al dente.
- While the potatoes are simmering, make the dressing. In a small bowl, mix the chives, shallot, olive oil, capers, mustard, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Strain and gently rinse the potatoes with cold water until cooled. Drain well.
- Place in a bowl and very gently toss with the dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Taste for salt, adding more if necessary.