Idaho® Potato Rosemary Hash
- 1 ½ pounds Baby Yellow Idaho® potatoes, medium dice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, separated
- 1/2 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water, separated
- 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt/pepper to taste
- On medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add chopped onions. Caramelize onions - they should be golden brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and diced potatoes. Fry the potatoes, stirring occasionally and gently scraping the bottom of the pan for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and let it melt.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil until water is reduced to nothing. Stir occasionally.
- Add another 1/2 cup water and boil again until reduced completely. Stir occasionally.
- Add another 1/2 cup water and reduce 1/2 way. At this point, potatoes should be tender.
- Sprinkle in cheese, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.