Idaho® Potato and Red Onion Focaccia
- 2-1/4 cups mashed Idaho® potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 ounces active dry yeast
- ¼ cup garlic oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3-1/2 cup rosemary olive oil
- Combine warm mashed potatoes and milk together, whisking until smooth. Place in large mixer with dough hook.
- Add flour, yeast, garlic oil and salt and mix on low speed 6 minutes.
- Gather dough into a ball and brush top with some of the rosemary oil. Cover and let rise until dough is doubled in bulk.
- Turn dough out into an 18x24 inch ½ sheet pan. With lightly floured hands, press dough to fit pan evenly.
- Pierce dough all over with fork. Brush with approximately ¼ cup rosemary oil. Sprinkle with onion slices.
- Allow to rise in warm place until doubled.
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 425°F. Bake Focaccia 20 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven, brush top with rosemary oil and sprinkle with salt.
* Double ingredients and bake in full sheet pan for 64 servings.