Idaho® Potato Focaccia
- 2 medium Idaho® potatoes (5.5 oz. each), washed and diced
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound frozen white bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (chives, parsley, oregano, rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pat thawed bread dough onto the pan, forming a 9-inch round. Spray the dough with cooking spray and allow to rise in a warm place until nearly doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium mixing bow, toss together remaining ingredients. Spray another baking sheet with cooking spray. Transfer potato mixture to baking sheet, spreading mixture evenly to make one layer. Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
- Turn oven heat down to 350°. Transfer cooled potato mixture to top of bread dough, being sure to include all browned bits from baking sheet. Gently press mixture onto bread dough, distributing evenly to the edges of bread dough round. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 servings
Sodium: 378 mg
Protein: 7 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg