- 1 pound Idaho® fingerling potatoes
- 4 to 6 slices chopped bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add salt.
- Once boiling, add potatoes and cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a separate pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels, saving some of the grease for later in the recipe.
- In a metal bowl, mix together dressing ingredients: cider vinegar, honey, extra virgin olive oil, reserved bacon grease, both sugars, granulated garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cut cooled potatoes into 1/2" thick rounds and place in a bowl with red onions and bacon.
- Toss with just enough dressing to coat (you might have extra) and serve.