Idaho Creme Potatoes Nicole
- 20 U.S. #1 Idaho® Potatoes
- 3 cups Julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Chiffonade of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot, dissolved in water
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- optional salt
- optional pepper
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Set aside.
- Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water and drain. Repeat process.
- Saute garlic in olive oil in a large sauce pot. When garlic browns lightly, stir in sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano and heavy cream. Bring mixture to a simmer; mix in 1 cup of Romano cheese. Stir in arrowroot to thicken sauce.
- Layer 1/3 of sliced potatoes, 1/3 of Mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup Romano cheese and 1/3 of cream mixture in a lightly greased 2" hotel pan.
- Repeat process twice more, finishing with final 1/3 of cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake at 325° F in a convection oven for approximately 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.