Corned Beef Red Potato Salad
- 1 pound cooked corned beef, diced
- 1 – 1 ½ pound of red Idaho® Potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- White cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- 1 tablespoon dark soft brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 level teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup cream, more if needed to thin the dressing
- Black pepper to season
- Soft boil the eggs for the salad dressing, and then plunge into cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Once cool, shell the egg, and separate the yolk from the white by cutting into the egg white and spooning out the yolk. Mash the yolk until smooth and do the same for the egg whites.
- In a mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, a pinch of salt and the mustard and whisk until smooth. Blend in the vinegar and cream slowing and then add the egg whites, then the yolk. Whisk together until creamy. Allow the dressing to rest while you make the salad.
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl while you pan fry the cabbage in butter. Just before they are done, toss in the parsley and allow them to warm through. Add to the potatoes, and pan fry the corned beef until they start to brown. Add to the bowl and fold together with the cabbage and red potatoes.
- Finish by dressing the salad. Delicious served while it is still warm, excellent served chilled after a few hours in the fridge.