Idaho® Baked Potato Pizza
This is a revamped recipe from our Russet Recipe Rescue Contest, originally submitted by Tracy Murphy.
- 3 medium Idaho® potatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- 7 to 8 oz whole wheat pizza dough (½ ball)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup light ranch dressing
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Scrub and dry potatoes, then pierce several times with a fork and place onto a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the oven, cool, peel, and crumble.
- Reduce oven heat to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a pizza pan.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain well on paper towels; crumble.
- Shape dough into a flat circle and place on pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Bake until crust is firm and begins to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and ranch dressing in a small bowl. Toss potatoes with garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Remove crust from oven and spread with sour cream mixture. Top with potato mixture, bacon, green onions, and cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 6 slices.