Fresh Gourmet® Crispy Onion, Rosemary and Idaho® Mashed Potato Bites
- 24 mini phyllo dough shells
- 1 cup Fresh Gourmet® crispy onion
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup of half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pieces crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Rinse cut potatoes and place in pot with 1/2 inch of water covering the potato. Bring to a boil. Lightly salt water. Cook 10-12 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- Combine half and half and fresh rosemary in small saucepan and heat through (do not boil). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash potatoes along with half and half mixture and butter. Mix in bacon, parsley and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place potatoes in piping bag and fill phyllo dough shells. Place in a 375°F oven for 5-7 minutes until warm. Remove from oven and top with Fresh Gourmet® crispy onions. Serve immediately.
Yield: 24 appetizers