Cotija Potato Nests with Micro Greens, Smoked Salmon and Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 9 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo + 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 key lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 cups Micro greens such as radish sprouts and baby arugula
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, sliced in 1”x1” pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Generously butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil, add onion and garlic. Cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add shredded potatoes. Stir. Add Cotija cheese and stir. Cook for approximately 7 minutes.
- Divide equally among muffin cups, pressing down with a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Place in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate until ready for use.
- To serve, place potato nests on a serving tray. Top with microgreens, tomato half, a slice of smoked salmon and a drizzle of chipotle dressing.
Yield: 12 servings