Fresh Cut Idaho Fries with Sweet Soy Glaze, Toasted Walnuts, Gorgonzola and Togarashi
- 3 pounds Idaho® Russet Potatoes, scrubbed, not peeled
- Oil for frying
Sweet Soy Glaze
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Kikkoman Sweet Soy Glaze or Low Sodium Teriyaki Glaze
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- Togarashi pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into ¼-inch strips. Hold in lightly salted water for 4-12 hours to brine.
- Drain and pat potatoes dry. Heat frying oil to 350° Up to 2 hours before serving, blanch potatoes until half cooked, not browned. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil until softened and golden brown. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute. Add sauce and heat just to a simmer. Keep warm.
- Fry potatoes in 350°F oil until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain well.
- Place hot fries in a large bowl. Add warm sauce and toss gently to fully coat fries.
- Portion fries into individual servings. Sprinkle with 1 generous teaspoon each walnuts, gorgonzola and green onion. Add togarashi pepper to taste. Serve warm.