Flat Iron Steak Salad with Truffled Potato Chips
- Parmesan Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic -- minced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 24 each flat iron steak
- olive oil -- as needed
- salt and pepper -- as needed
- 2 pounds spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds watercress
- 3 pounds tomatoes -- diced and seeded
- 1 1/2 pounds blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces red onion -- sliced
- 3 pounds shoestring potatoes
- 2 ounces truffle oil
- Combine all ingredients except for oil and cheese in a blender.
- Slowly add oil until blended.
- Blend in cheese to finish and refrigerate.
- Lightly brush beef with oil and season with s&p.
- Grill to medium rare.
- Take 3 pounds of Idaho Potaotes and shred using a hand grater.
- Heat oil to 375° and fry potatoes till golden brown.
- Strain from oil and toss with truffle oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside for garnish.
- In a bowl combine 2 cups spinach, 2 cups watercress, 3 tablespoons tomato, 1/4 cup blue cheese and 1/2 ounce of onion.
- Add 3 tablespoons of dressing and toss lightly.
- Carve steak and arrange on top of greens mixture.
- Garnish with shoestring potatoes.