Easy Roasted Parmesan Herbed Idaho® Potatoes and Cauliflower
- 4 - 4½ quarts water
- 1½ - 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ¾ pounds Idaho® mixed Fingerling and/or red potatoes, scrubbed, cut diagonal ¼-inch thick (*see note)
- ⅔ head of cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut diagonal 1/4-inch and halved (half-moon shape)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Position oven rack to middle position in oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Fill a large pot with water, add the salt and bring to a boil. Add the prepared potatoes and parboil for about 8-10 minutes. Gently transfer to a colander and drain.
- In a large bowl (large enough to hold all the vegetables), add the potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, and garlic. Gently toss to coat the vegetables by drizzling the olive oil and sprinkling 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the ingredients to the prepared baking sheet and spread/arrange so that as much of the vegetables are in one layer on the pan. Add pepper to taste.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Pull pan from the oven, gently toss and evenly distribute the last 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on the vegetables and return pan to oven, rotated. Roast for about another 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are golden and the cauliflower is tender and turning golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve immediately.
* You can just as easily substitute the Idaho® Fingerlings for Idaho® Russet potatoes. Depending on the variety of potato used, you may be able to skip the parboiling step. Don't skip parboiling if using Russets because they may need to roast longer than the cauliflower. Red onions would be a nice addition or option. Have some lemon? Squeeze freshly squeezed lemon juice in with the extra-virgin olive oil -OR- add the zest of a lemon Have some feta cheese and serving to feta cheese lovers? Sprinkle some feta on the vegetables when you're adding the fresh thyme! Any leftovers? Warm them up again in a pan (for texture) or microwave and make a veggie taco...sprinkled with cheese.
Yield: 3-4 servings