Cumin Idaho® Potatoes
- 4 Idaho® potatoes (size #2), washed and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 small red onion, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- fresh lime juice, 1/4 lime
- 1/4 cilantro, rough chop
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanche Idaho® potatoes in boiling water.
- Heat butter in large saute' pan or skillet; add all three bell peppers, onion and jalapeno; add approximately 1 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes.
- Add cooked Idaho® potatoes, cumin, garlic, onion powder and black pepper; toss regularly while cooking on high heat; cook until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove Idaho® potatoes from heat; squirt lime juice over potatoes.
- Fold cilantro and tomato; season to taste; place in serving dish.
- Top with Cotija chees; melt in oven, if you choose.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Yield: 15 servings