Crispy Idaho® Potatoes with Summer Garden Vegetables and Andouille Sausage
Pre-bake Idaho® Russet potatoes in advance of service, then quickly sauté with in-season vegetables and add a Cajun flavor spin to this satisfying bowl.
- 1 large Idaho® Russet potato, unpeeled
- Olive oil, as needed for sautéing
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 1 6-ounce link andouille sausage, cut into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 oregano sprigs, picked and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap potato in aluminum foil and bake until fork-tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove potato from foil and cut in half lengthwise. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once the potato is cooled, cut into large pieces.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat olive oil over high heat until it’s very hot—almost to the smoke point.
- Add potatoes and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Then add onion, bell pepper, squash and sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.