Blue Cheese Sauce With Idaho® Potato Chips
- 4 ounces Butter
- 4 ounces AP Flour
- 64 ounces Whole Milk
- 32 ounces Blue Cheese (I like Maytag)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 8 Idaho® Potatoes (sliced on a mandoline and fried in vegetable oil at 350 degrees F)
- Slice potatoes very thin and fry until crispy.
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add bay leaf and simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Crumble cheese into large bowl, strain sauce over cheese. Stir until cheese is mostly melted.
- Top each order of sliced Idaho® potato chips with the warm cheese mixture
The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
Hyde Park, NY
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)