Baked Idaho® Potatoes with Red Pepper & Cheddar Cheese
- 24 Idaho Potatoes
- 6 cups Sliced red bell peppers
- 3 cups Sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups Plain lowfat yogurt
- 8 cups Grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Sliced green onions
- Scrub potatoes; dry and pierce with fork. Bake in 425°F. 45 to 60 minutes, or until tender.
- Saute peppers and onions in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve: Blossom each potato with a fork. Top each with 2 Tablespoons yogurt and 1/3 cup cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Top each with 1/4 cup red pepper mixture, and garnish with 1 teaspoon green onion.
Yield: Serves 24
Sodium: 274 mg
Fat: 14.4 g
Fiber: 5.24 g
Protein: 16 g
Cholesterol: 49.9 mg