Baked Idaho® Potato with Chorizo, Green Onions, Cotija Cheese and Fried Egg on Top
- 4 Idaho® potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup Mexican chorizo (or soyrizo)
- 1/3 cup green onions, finely diced
- 4 fried eggs, sunny side up
- 4 teaspoons cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 425° F.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and prick them with the tines of a fork. Place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook for approximately 50 minutes or until able to insert a fork without resistance. Remove from oven.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over low to medium. Fry chorizo, breaking it up until crumbly. Approximately 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain fat.
- Scoop out flesh of potatoes and place it in a large bowl. Add chorizo and mash until chorizo and potatoes have combined evenly.
- Place mashed potato/chorizo mixture back in the baked potatoes. Top with fried egg, green onions and Cotija cheese.
Yield: 4 potatoes