White-on-White Potato-Cauliflower Soup
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium Idaho® potatoes, (about 1 pound total), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, approx. 2 cups
- 32-ounce carton low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add the potatoes, broth, and garlic powder; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Serve as is or puree with an immersion blender before serving. Sprinkle with pepper and basil; drizzle oil evenly over all.
Yield: 4 servings; approx. 1 cup
Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 104 mg
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 27 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg