Whipped Tomato and Basil Idaho® Potato Cups
- 25 U.S. #1, 90 count Idaho potatoes
- 9 cups instant Idaho potato granules
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cut into pieces
- 4 cups lowfat milk
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 13 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Bake at 365° F for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 210° F.
- Cool potatoes (under cool water, if desired) until warm to touch.
- Cut each potato in half cross-wise to make 2 cups. Cut a flat spot off rounded bottom of each half to allow potato cups to stand upright.
- Remove cooked insides with a spoon or melon baller, leaving 1/8 inch of potato on outer walls
- Combine potato insides with remaining ingredients except tomatoes in mixer and ship until smooth.
- Fill pastry bags with potato mixture. Pipe into potato cups using star tip.
- To serve, garnish each cup with a cherry tomato quarter and bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 50 Potato Cups (approximately 4 oz. each)
St. Joseph Pvlcdica Center